Python programming language has seen a lot of progress in the last two decades. With enormous contributions to the field of data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning, it has become one of the most popular languages in the 21st century. The increasing innovations and technological advancements have a very promising future for new and immense job opportunities for any python developer. In this article, we will learn about the effective aspects of resume building for a python developer. Following are the topics covered in this blog:
- Who Is A Python Developer?
- Job Description
- Skills Required
- How To Build Your Resume?
- Python Developer Job Trends
- Salary Trends
- Sample Python Developer Resume
Who Is A Python Developer?
A python developer is responsible for writing server-side application logic. There is an alarming rate of jobs created every day for a python developer. Companies are switching to python programming language which has created an opportunity for python programmers and developers. Let us take a look at a typical job description that a company provides for a job as a python developer.
A typical job description looks like this:
To get a broader narrative, here is another job description for a python developer.
This is how a typical job description for a python developer looks like, but it may vary according to different companies and what they seek from a python developer resume.
The skills required for an entry-level python developer include:
- Hands-on Python Development
- Strong problem solving and reverse engineering
- Expertise in web python frameworks(django, flask,etc)
- Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of ORM(object-relational mapping)
- Good understanding of Web services and REST API
- Understanding of Databases and SQL
- Knowledge of TLC scripting
The other skills include:
- Strong DevOps
- Experience with Fullstack Development
- Knowledge of Cloud Services
- Excellent Debugging Skills
- Software Development Life Cycle
Following are some skills required for the experienced or senior python developer:
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Solid experience as a python developer
- Experience with Python frameworks
- Familiarity with AWS and REST API
- Attention to detail and excellent leadership skills
- Understanding of Databases and SQL
Now that we know what all skills are required for entry-level and experienced python developers, let’s take a look at how we can build a python developer resume.
How To Build Your Resume?
There are two approaches to build a resume, following are the two categories we can define a resume into.
- Functional – Mention your experience based on the relevant job role.
- Chronological – Mention your experience in the same way it took place.
Your approach should fulfill the following points when you are building a python developer resume:
- Concise and clear in terms of formatting
- Updated resume
- For experience less than 8 years, the resume should not be longer than one page
- Functional resume for a 2+ years experience
- Priority to the skills according to the particular job role
- Mention the activities you were a part of
- Achievements and hobbies must be included
Python Developer Job Trends
Let us consider the various job trends present for a junior and a senior python developer in 2019.
As we can see in the graphs shown above, for a junior python developer, the number of permanent jobs has taken a great leap during the last 5 years. With more than 20% increase in the jobs, it is only going to grow from here considering the latest innovations and advancements in the IT industry where companies are starting to move to python programming language with an exponential rate.
For the senior python developer jobs, it is significantly higher than ever, with experience in the field of python programming gives you an edge over other candidates which improves your chances of getting that job.
Let us consider the salary trends of python developer in 2019.
Looking at these statistics it is evident enough that a python developer on an average makes around $92k a year, and it can go up to $137k a year in some cases.
With more than 500k INR a year as an average salary for a junior python developer in India there are at least 30,000 job openings right now.
For a senior python developer, it goes to an average of 600k INR salary and can reach as high as 2000k INR a year as well. With the increasing demand, it is quite easy to land that job with a relevant skillset and experience. Following is a sample python developer resume.
Sample Python Developer Resume
In this blog, we have covered the various aspects we need to cover while building a python developer resume. With the insights in the job and salary trends, one can make up the number of opportunities that are there for any python developer.
With increasing innovation and technological advancements, it is extremely necessary to build your skills in such a way that you are able to make contributions to the new-age applications. Enroll in Edureka’s python certification program and kick-start your learning.
Have any questions? Mention them in the comments, we will get back to you as soon as possible.